I admit that it might, at first, seem a little strange to see a heart graphic on a mental health site/blog.
But please bear with me, if you will, as I really do believe that this is an important issue and one which can be impacted by and therefore definitely is related to Mental Health.
You see February is American Heart Month and I have been contacted by our friends over at the American Recall Center and asked if we would help get the word out about how important this – and looking after our hearts – really is.
And since this is an International Guild and since we all do have a heart, I am more than happy to do so.
On a personal note I know only too well how our mental health can impact our physical health and in fact, in support of the American Recall Center’s request for us to highlight positive heart health I have this morning written a post (entitled New Hope For The Suffering Heart) on my personal blog, in which I openly share some of the struggles and yes some of the victories that I personally have experienced in this respect.
I am sure that there many members or the Guild will know just how important this issue is and just how our mental health can and often does impact our physical health. But it also wouldn’t surprise me – and I say this because it was something I never really considered or was mindful of for such a long time – that there will be some who have never really sat and thought about just how this happens and what effect it can have on us,
So I want to encourage our membership to do one or more of a few things that I have listed below..
- How about popping over to the American Recall Center site and checking out the info-graphic and other great information there?
- Alternatively how about checking out their info-graphic which I have included below.
- How about spending a few minutes considering how your mental health is impacting your physical health and especially your heart?
- How about performing a self-health check on your heart and how you treat it.
- How about writing your own post on your personal blogs/sites promoting this?
- And if you really are bored or simply curious – please feel free to check out my post on this subject on my personal blog.
And in closing – and before I display the info-graphic that I mentioned earlier – I would just like to say one more thing. In the years that I have been blogging on Mental Health and Mental Illness and indeed in the time that this Guild has been operating the one thing that stands out more than anything else is the heart of love and support and encouragement that is there from so many to so many. But let’s not forget that without good health in our physical hearts, that mental, spiritual and emotional hearth that I speak of will suffer.
Kind Regards and God bless you.